Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Was it right what my boss did to me at work? Please help!?

I am asking this question based on an ethical perspective. Not a legal one. This is long I'm sorry for that, but please someone respond. I started a job as a housekeeper in a hotel. I have been working for them for 2 1/2 months almost completed my 90 days probation period as a new hire successfully. My benefits and pay raise was to take place after the next 3 weeks passed. I have been on time every day and never called off. Always helping out others when I was done with my work and picked up hours when needed. Anywho, about 2 weeks ago a girl decided to start trouble with us co-workers and tell my manager I was making beds with dirty sheets and not stripped the beds to one room. It was not true. I just had not started cleaning that room yet because the hotel guest just left. When you're done cleaning a room you check it in ready at the front desk and then managers come inspect the room afterwords. The managers came up to me to yell at me about the false accusation when I have not even started cleaning the room and change linens. I explained this to the managers and that it was not ready. All was fine after I explained myself. It was dismissed I thought. Later that day they proceeded to write me up for it and writing me up for other things I have not done. Then they told me I could not work for 7 days because of that. After 7 days I could come back to work calling them that following Sunday to get my schedule. The week passed I called them to get my schedule. They told me I cannot work until that following Friday and Saturday only. I said why that's only giving me 2 days and another week out of work? They said because we want to make sure you're not making beds with dirty sheets. I said, but you guys said you know it was a false accusation despite I was written up for it and told me I can start working again that Sunday. They said oh well it's what we're doing. I had called them again this week to confirm my schedule is Friday to be back at work for sure. They said yes, but you come in at 10am instead of 8am. I asked why 10:30 am? Our shift starts at 8am? My managers said because we are not putting you in rooms anymore we are placing you in laundry to help out there and do side work. I brought up side-work is done by 10am everyday so that's off my list of what you say I'll be doing. I'll be coming in when everyone is on break at 10:30am plus laundry will be almost done. You'll only be giving me a few hours of work a day by this arrival time. I asked will I get my full time hours back? They said: "Um we're not sure at this point and you won't be working Saturday." I said you said you admitted to this being a false accusation by that girl why are you punishing me this way? I've never heard of this way of handling. It's not fair and you leave me out of work for 2 weeks without pay. You schedule me after the pay period therefore not allowing to get a pay check this pay period. This is not right. The managers have lied about my write up and my work schedule then demote me. I have witnesses that have proven to them that girl did this to only hurt me. I still don't understand why she did this and why managers are siding with her. I am being refused to speak to the general managers above them about this. I feel like I'm s.o.l. no matter what. What to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment