Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I recently pawned some tools of mine...theft accusation...?

I pawned some of my tools recently. Shortly after, my stepfather and I had a physical fight and he kicked me out (living at home while in college). I just found out today that he is reporting the items I pawned as having been stolen from HIM. I don't know how to prove the items belonged to me since I don't have any receipts...or is the burden on him to prove that they were HIS? He drove me to the pawn shop to pawn everything so he knows what all was pawned and can describe it I'm sure. I guess I'm wondering if they will arrest me based on his lies or not. And also, since he is married to my mom then wouldn't that make any of his tools community property between them? Meaning that even if the authorities do believe him then my mom would simply have to say that she allowed me to pawn said items? Just a thought. This is such a screwed up situation. I'm just wondering what to expect and I cannot afford a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment