Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Can I sue my workplace?

So I put in my two weeks at my job a few days ago and I knew that they wouldn't be happy because I am a top seller, but the company is so horrible that I have to leave. Anyways today I come to work and am asked to go to the back with the LP (Loss Prevention) manager and my district manager and the LP has a "file" and he starts telling me about employee theft, I am completely confused during this whole process (I have NEVER stolen anything, worked there a year...I haven't even committed time fraud). So then he goes and says "with all that being said....why are we hear today then?" and I told him I had NO idea and then he begins to question me about how many watches I own (we sell them in my store and I have bought them all). I tell him that I myself have purchased 3. He then basically accuses me of stealing a watch that I have from our store, ALTHOUGH I had another associate buy it for me because I wasn't there on the day we are allowed to purchase. He then tells me how "good people do bad things" and basically just accusing me of stealing this watch from the company because there was "no proof" of me ever buying it there. First off I don't think that anyone should have the right to ask me where I buy my stuff from, and secondly I'd be stupid to wear stolen merchandise on the salesfloor. I told him that I could provide him with a receipt for the watch, and then he got really quiet (I don't think he was expecting that) and then left and said he'd be right back, and when he came back he COMPLETELY changed the subject of the watch, and then kept asking me to rat out associates that I know have been stealing, then when I told him I didn't know of anything, he spins it on me AGAIN and starts asking stupid questions like "have you ever tried on articles of clothing from the store?" (which all associates do). He kept me back there for 90mins just interrogating me and telling me to 'TELL THE TRUTH" and I was completely freaked out (especially me being a girl and having this man be so condescending to me). I told him I wanted a lawyer if he was going to keep interrogating me and he said "WHY, this is not an interrogation, it's a friendly conversation" (there is nothing friendly about accusing a hardworker of stealing). SO my question is, can I sue him/the company for false accusations??? If not false accusation, I am sure there is something that I can sue for!!! SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!! THANKS

No comments:

Post a Comment